Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Peasread: A Fairy King


Hello everyone! My 12/13 year old has agreed to reviews some great books for me. Here's one from C.J. Brightley called A Fairy King, it's a novella. My teen LOVES this series and is anxiously waiting for the next book. It is not a tween/teen/young adult book. It's a story that adults and teens will all enjoy.
It is summer here so less food blogging, no school lunches, but we'll try to get these book reviews up!
Here's the review:

Description from the author:
Young Hannah receives an interesting letter. Is her pen pal a fairy prince or a prankster? How long will he write to her, and what will change as a result of his letters?
He offers her a wish. Can he really grant a wish? What will she wish, and what will she offer him in return?

I love this book. It's really sweet! I like how all of the magic elements are explained gradually, and it's very easy to follow. The world, the magic, and the courts (Seelie and Unseelie) are traditional enough that you can use background knowledge to understand stuff really easily, but it's still very original and fresh. The Fae world is described in detail, and there are lots of little things that add up to the over-all finished feel. Like the fact that the castle moves, and the references to human literature based on the goblins. About the characters ... Caderyn is elegant, kind, and always putting others before him. (Have I mentioned I loved this book? :)    ) Hannah is just a normal human, but she is very insightful, and capable of taking care of herself. The romance that blossoms between them is tender and pure (and awesome, and perfect, and .... right, I'm getting sidetracked). All in all, I absolutely love this book. The one thing I didn't like ... it was really short. The second book was a little longer, but still .... :(. And, also, the series isn't finished yet, ... I'm still waiting on the third book! Please finish!     
Would I read it again? YES
Would I recommend it? YES
This is a clean read.

FIVE STARS
1 star – didn’t like it
2 stars – it was OK
3 stars – liked it
 4 stars – really liked it

5 stars – it was amazing

86 pages
Publication date 15 Sep 2015
Publisher Createspace Independent Publishing Platform
ISBN10 1517152488
ISBN13 9781517152482

Find more book reviews here under Peasreads.
Amazon reviews Katereviews.
I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.