Thursday, June 22, 2017

Non-Dairy Creamer, Paleo Coffee Frappe

Non-Dairy Creamer that is Whole30 and Paleo compliant.
If you've been following my Instagram (@peasknees), you know that I recently finished my first round of Whole30. I had a whole month where I didn't drink any coffee. I drank tea twice with this "creamer" like this, and the rest of the time I drank my tea plain. I have to say I really missed my cups of tea in the afternoon with half and half and sweetener - which is normally one dehydrated Stevia leaf. I still miss sweetener but I found something I really enjoy in both coffee and tea. Cold or hot.  This doesn't taste dairy half and half. But it makes drinks creamy and adds flavor. It's really good.
The coconut milk gives it the creaminess I like and the cashew milk makes it not too thick and mellows out any coconut flavor. There are several ways to flavor this creamer. The sky's the limit. SO many spices you can use to make this creamer to your liking.
Non-Dairy Vanilla Creamer. Look at all those vanilla beans.
To make this Whole30 or Paleo, you need to pay attention and make sure the ingredients are compliant. If you are eating Whole30 no sweetener of any kind is allowed. So leave it out for your 30 days. Also the Paleo Coffee Frappe is not for Whole30 even if the ingredients are. If you are eating a paleo or primal diet adding a date or honey for sweetener is allowed. I hope you'll try this, it's so simple but it's a great substitute for dairy creamer.


Click to find more recipes here on Give Peas A Chance, or use the search function.
 Whole 30

Non-Dairy Creamer

1/2 cup unsweetened full fat canned coconut milk (use mostly solid if you want it thicker?)
1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk, or almond milk - plain or spiced
1/2-3/4 teaspoon ground vanilla bean, or vanilla bean seeds from one bean
Flavoring/spices (See variations below)
Sweetener (Not for Whole30)
  1. Blend all ingredients together using a blender.
  2. Keep refrigerated or freeze for a Frappe.

Paleo Coffee Frappe

  1. For a frozen treat freeze the creamer in an ice cube tray.
  2. Freeze coffee in an ice cube tray.
  3. Add sweetener if using.
  4. Blend the coffee cubes and Non-Dairy Creamer in a blender, adding more liquid coffee if needed to get it to blend well. Or use a Matcha for a green tea Frappe.


Flavor variations:
Pumpkin Spice Non-Dairy Creamer- add roasted pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.
Apple Pie Spiced Non-Dairy Creamer- add apple pie spice, dates or honey.
Chocolate Mint Non-Dairy Creamer- Cocoa powder, peppermint extract, sweetener. 
Masala Chai Non-Dairy Creamer-  Make a Masala Chai nut milk. Use it in the recipe above with.
Almond Non-Dairy Creamer- Almond extract
*Sweeteners (Optional not for Whole30)- honey, dates, maple syrup
* Flavors (Optional)- Cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, pie spice, or use Masala Almond Milk as linked above.  Non Whole30 - vanilla extract, almond extract, cocoa powder, 



Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.