Thursday, September 22, 2016

Pumpkin Butter and Pumpkin Butta (Instant Pot)

Pumpkin Muffins slathered with Pumpkin Butta? Yes, please.
PUMPKIN SEASON IS UPON US! I love pumpkin. Love seeing those cute little sugar pumpkins pop up in stores and at the Farmer's Market. Not that I go to the Farmer's Market a ton. I love sweet pumpkin treats and like to have them year round. These two recipes can be made during peak pumpkin season and kept in the freezer to be enjoyed later.

Pumpkin Butter made in the Instant Pot. Thick, spicy, and flavorful.
Two birds. One stone right now, easy peasy. What are we making? First, a quick Pumpkin Butter that's all spicy, pumpkin spreadable goodness. It's simple. It's so fast in the Instant Pot. I also have a slow cooker version here. Both of these methods beat standing over a stove and stirring for what seems like FOREVER.

The second thing we're making is a Pumpkin BUTTA. Which is like a Cinnamon Honey Butter that's dressed up for Fall. Which interestingly enough I've never blogged. Probably because it's just as silly easy as this Pumpkin Butta is. There's no real name for this, I made that up. I did find a Honey Butter post, just sprinkle in some cinnamon :) The great thing about this Pumpkin Butta is that it's really just two, three ingredients really. If you already have the Pumpkin Butter on hand, you an make this in a flash.


Freezer Tip: Once you make the Pumpkin Butta, I'm just going to pretend that you are, I hope that you do. You can freeze the in little molds like the basil butter in this post HERE. OR you can put it on a piece of parchment or wax paper, roll it into a log. Put them in the freezer, and slice of a piece each time you'd like some. I use an empty paper towel roll to put them in, so that they hold their shape while freezing.

So, let's make some spreads...
But first:

How about some more PUMPKIN recipes?
Pumpkin Syrup and Chai Syrup for lattes and more
Pumpkin and Wild Rice Soup
Want even more pumpkin? Search pumpkin in the search bar to your left.
Thank you so much for reading this little blog, I don't know how you found it, but I'm glad you did. If you want to keep up with posts join my Facebook page through the link on the right hand side of my blog. Thank you again!

Pumpkin Butter

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree, or homemade pumpkin puree, 441 grams about 2 cups
1/2 teaspoon, lemon juice 2.5 ml/2 grams
1- 1.5  teaspoons pumpkin spice* 5-10 ml/4-8 grams
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons apple cider, 30 ml/28 grams*
1 teaspoon vanilla, 5 mil/4 grams
2 tablespoons maple syrup, 30 ml/28 grams
1/2 cup loosely packed dark brown sugar, 78 grams
  1. Stir pumpkin, lemon juice, pumpkin spice, salt, cider, vanilla, and syrup together in a bowl that is oven safe.
  2. Stir in brown sugar.
  3. Cover bowl with foil.
  4. Place the trivet into the liner of the Instant Pot and add 1 cup water.
  5. Place the pumpkin butter bowl on the trivet.
  6. Press MANUAL, for 25 minutes/HIGH pressure. 
  7. Let the pressure naturally release or do a quick release.
  8. Carefully remove foil and stir the pumpkin butter. Taste and add more pumpkin spice as needed.
  9. If the pumpkin butter is not thick enough, put the contents into the empty Instant Pot liner and saute on LOW, stirring until thick. I have not had to do this.
  10. Cool and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or freeze.

Pumpkin Butta

1/2 cup Pumpkin Butter
1/2 cup softened, salted butter
1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie spice

  1. Beat all the ingredients in a mixing bowl until combined.
  2. Whip until fluffy.


Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.